Count Heinrich "The Rich" of Nassau (1180-1250) was married to the
Dutch Machteld of Guelders. Their eldest son Walram II (1220-1276) is the ancestor of the
line Nassau-Weilburg and the present Grand Duke of Luxembourg. A younger
son, Otto I (†1289), is the ancestor of the line of Nassau-Dillenburg and the
present Queen of The Netherlands. The line of Nassau-Dillenburg acquired
possessions in the Netherlands when Engelbert I (1370-1442) married the wealthy heiress
Johanna van Polanen. They acquired the principality of Orange when Hendrik
III of Nassau (1483-1538) married Claudia of Chalon. Hendrik III's nephew, William I "the Silent" of Orange (1533-1584), is a Dutch
national hero. William's grandson, William III of Orange
(1650-1702), became King of Great-Britain, but remained childless. The line continued
through his aunt, Albertine Agnes of Orange (1634-1696), who had
married the heir to the Nassaus of Frisia.
Johann V (1455-1516), Count of Nassau, lord of Dillenburg, Siegen and
Breda, stadholder of Guelders and Zutphen 1504-1505, grandson of Engelbert I,
married 1482 Elisabeth of Hesse (1466-1523). Children:
- Hendrik III of Nassau (1483-1538), Count of Nassau, lord of
Breda, stadholder of Holland and Zealand 1517-1522, married 1st 1503
Françoise of Savoy (†1511) and 2nd 1515 Claudia of
Chalon and Orange (1498-1521). She was the daughter of Jean II of Chalon (†1502),
Prince of Orange 1475, and Philiberte of Luxembourgh and the granddaughter of
William VII of Chalon (†1475), Prince of Orange 1463,
and Catherine of Brittany (1428-1476).
Henry married 3rd 1524 Mencia de Mendoza y Fonseca (1508-1554),
Marquise of Cenette. He had one child of his 2nd marriage:
- René of Chalon (1519-1544), Count of Nassau, Prince
of Orange 1538, married 1540 Anna of Lorraine (1522-1568). One daughter born and died
in 1544. He had an illegitimate son, Palamedes.
- John (1484-1504)
- Ernst (b†1486)
- William I the Rich (1489-1555), Count of Nassau,
Vianden and Dietz, married 1st 1506 Walburgis of Egmond (1489-1529), 2nd
1531 Juliana of Stolberg-Wenigerode (1506-1580), to the right, widow of Philip II
of Hanau-Münzenberg (1501-1529). Children:
- Elisabeth (1515-1523)
- Magdalena (1522-1567) married 1538 Herman of Nieuwenaar and
- William I the Silent of Orange
(1533-1584), heir, see Below.
- Hermanna (b†1534)
- Johann VI the elder (1535-1606), Count of Nassau and
Dietz, stadholder of Guelders and Zutphen 1578-1581, married 1st
1559 Elisabeth of Leuchtenberg (1537-1579), 2nd 1580 Kunigunde of The Palts
(1556-1586), 3rd 1586 Johanetta of Sayn-Wittgenstein (1561-1622). He had 24
- Willem Lodewijk "Us Heit" (1560-1620), Count
of Nassau, stadholder of Frisia 1584, Drenthe 1593 and Groningen 1594, married Anna of Orange-Nassau (1563-1588)
- Johann VII (1561-1623), Count of Nassau-Siegen, married
1st 1581 Magdalena of Waldeck (1558-1599), widow of Philipp Ludwig I of
Hanau-Münzenberg (1553-1580), a grandson of Juliana of Stolberg-Wenigerode, 2nd
1603 Margaretha of Holstein-Sonderburg (1583-1658). He had 25 children, including:
- Johann VIII "The Young" (1583-1638), Count
of Nassau-Siegen, married 1618 Ernestina Yolanda de Ligne (1594-1663). They had 5
daughters and 1 son.
- Juliana (1587-1643) married 1603 Moritz of
Hesse-Cassel (1572-1632), widower of Agnes of Solms-Laubauch (1578-1602)
- Johan Maurits "The Brasilian" (1604-1679)
- George Frederick (1606-1674) married 1647 Mauritia
Eleonora of Portugal (1609-1674), daughter of Emilia of Orange-Nassau
- George "The Old" (1562-1623), Count of
Nassau-Beilstein, married 1st 1584 Anna Amalia of Nassau-Saarbrücken
(1565-1605), 2nd 1605 Amalia of Sayn-Wittgenstein (1585-1633), line of Nassau-Dillenburg.
He had 15 children by his 1st wife and only one by his 2nd:
- Margarete of Nassau-Dillenburg (1606-1661) married
1626 Count Otto of Lippe-Brake (1589-1657). They had 7 sons and 5 daughters,
- Dorothea of Lippe-Brake (1633-1706) married 1665
Count Johann Dietrich von Kunowitch (1624-1700). Their daughter
- Juliane Luise of Kunowitch (1671-1754) married 1705 Count
Rudolf of Lippe-Biesterfeld (1671-1726). Their eldest son
- Friedrich of Lippe-Biesterfeld (1706-1781) married 1732 Barbara
Eleonore of Solms-Baruth (1707-1744). Their eldest surviving son Karl of Lippe-Biesterfeld
(1735-1810) married 1769 Ferdinande of Bentheim-Tecklenburg-Rheda (1737-1779). Their eldest
surviving son Ernst of Lippe-Biesterfeld (1777-1840) married 1803 Modeste von Unruh
(1781-1854). Their 2nd son Julius of Lippe-Biesterfeld (1812-1884), to the
right, married 1859 Countess Adelheid of Castell-Castell (1818-1900). Their eldest
surviving son Ernst (1842-1904) married 1869 Countess Karoline von Wartensleben (1844-1905).
Their 2nd son Bernhard (1872-1934) married 1909 Baroness Armgard von
Sierstorpff-Cramm (1883-1971). Their eldest son Bernhard of Lippe-Biesterfeld (b1911)
married 1937 Queen Juliana of The Netherlands (b1909).
- Elisabeth (1564-1611) married 1st Philip IV of
Nassau-Saarbrücken (1542-1602), 2nd Wolfgang Ernst I of Isenburg-Büdingen
- Juliana of Nassau-Dillenburg (1565-1630) 1st1588
Adolf Heinrich of Salm-Dhaun (1557-1606), 2nd 1619 Johann
Albrecht I of Solms-Braunfels (1563-1623)
- Maria (1568-1625) married 1588 Johann Ludwig I of
Nassau-Wiesbaden-Idstein (1567-1596). He died falling out of a window.
- Mathilde (1570-1625) married 1592 Willem of Mansfeld
- Ernst Casimir (1573-1632) Count of Nassau and Dietz, stadholder
of Frisia 1620, Groningen and Drenthe 1625, was killed fighting in the Eighty Years War,
married 1607 Sophia Hedwig of Brunswick-Wolffenbüttel (1592-1642). Of their
children 3 sons and 2 daughters died young. Other children:
- Henry Casimir I (1612-1640), stadholder of
Frisia, Groningen and Drenthe 1631
- Willem Frederik of Nassau-Dietz
(1613-1664), stadholder of Frisia 1640, Groningen and Drenthe 1650, heir.
- Maurits (1619-1628)
- Elisabeth Friso (1620-1628)
- Lodewijk Günther (1575-1605) married 1601 Anna Margaretha of
Manderscheidt-Blankenheim (†1606), 1 daughter died young.
- Amalia (1582-1635) married 1600 Wilhelm
I of Solms-Braunfels-Greiffenstein (1570-1635)
- Louis (1538-1574) was killed fighting in the Eighty Years War
- Maria (1539-1599) married 1556 Willem IV of 's-Heerenberg
(1537-1586), stadholder of Guelders and Zutphen 1581-1583. They had 8 sons and 8
- Adolf (1540-1568) was killed fighting in the Eighty Years War
- Anna (1541-1616) married 1559 Albert of
- Elisabeth (1542-1603) married 1559 Conrad of Solms-Braunfels
(1540-1592). Of their children 1 son and 4 daughters died young. Other children:
- Johann Albrecht I of Solms (1563-1623), Count of
Solms-Braunfels, married 1st 1590 Agnes of Sayn-Wittgenstein (1569-1617), 2nd
1619 Juliana of Nassau-Dillenburg (1565-1630). Children:
- Elisabeth of Solms-Braunfels (1593-1636) married 1619 Wolfgang
Friedrich of Salm-Dhaun (†1637)
- Ursula of Solms-Braunfels (1594-1657) married 1620 Christoph
zu Dohna (1583-1637), stadholder of Orange 1630
- Conrad Ludwig of Solms-Braunfels (1595-1635) married 1623 Anna
Sibylla von Winneburg und Beilstein (1595-1635)
- Johann Albrecht II of Solms-Braunfels (1599-1648) married 1638
Anna Elisabeth of Daun-Falkenstein (†1705), 1 son, 1 daughter. Their last
descendent died in 1693.
- Amalia of Solms-Braunfels (1602-1675) married 1625 Frederick Henry of Orange-Nassau (1584-1647), see below.
- Ludowika Christina of Solms-Braunfels (1606-1669) married 1638
Johann Wolfhart van Brederode (1599-1655)
- Eberhard of Solms (1565-1596)
- Ernst of Solms (1568-1595)
- Wilhelm I (1570-1635), Count of Solms-Greiffenstein, married
1600 Amalia of Nassau-Dillenburg (1582-1633). They are the ancestors of the Princes of Solms-Braunfels.
- Otto (1572-1610), Count of Solms-Braunfels-Hungen 1602,
married 1604 Ursula von Gleichen (†1625)
- Reinhard (1573-1630), Count of Solms-Braunfels-Hungen 1610,
married 1st 1615 Walpurgis Anna of Daun-Falkenstein (1580-1618) married 2nd
1621 Elisabeth of Salm-Dhaun (1593-1656), a daughter of Juliana of
Nassau-Dillenburg. She remarried 1653 Ludwig Heinrich of Nassau-Dillenburg (†1662).
Four sons and one grandson.
- Philipp of Solms-Braunfels (1575-1628)
- Juliana of Solms-Braunfels (1578-1634) married 1598 Ludwig of
- Heinrich of Solms-Braunfels (1582-1602)
- Catharina (1543-1624) married 1560 Günther XLI of
- Juliana (1546-1588) married 1575 Albrecht VII of
Schwarzenburg-Rudolstadt (1537-1605), a brother of Günther XLI.
- Magdalena (1547-1633) married 1567 Wolfgang of
- Hendrik (1550-1574), was killed fighting in the Eighty Years
- Elisabeth (1488-1559) married 1506 Johann of Wied-Runckel
- Maria (1491-1547) married 1506 Jobst of Schauenburg and
William I the silent (1533-1584), also known as William of Orange,
to the left, Prince of Orange 1544,
Count of Nassau, Vianden and Dietz, viscount of
Antwerp, Baron of Breda, stadholder of Holland, Zealand and Utrecht 1559, Brabant
1577 and Frisia 1580. He married 1st 1551 Anna of Egmont (1533-1558),
Countess of Buren. After the death of his 1st wife William of Orange had an
affair with Eva Elinx and fathered a son, Justinus of Nassau (1559-1631), who married in
1597 Anna of Merode (1565-1634). He married 2nd 1561 Anna of Saxony (1544-1577), to the right, annulled, 3rd
1575 Charlotte de Bourbon-Montpensier (1546/7-1582), 4th 1583 Louise de
Coligny (1555-1620), widow of Charles de Téligny and daughter of Gaspard de Coligny.
Children of his 4 marriages:
- Maria (1553-1554)
- Filips Willem (1554-1618), Prince of Orange 1584,
Count of Nassau, Vianden and Buren, married Eléonore of Bourbon-Condé
(1587-1619). No issue.
(1556-1616) married 1595 Philip of Hohenlohe-Neuenstein (1550-1606),
- Anna (b†1562)
- Anna of Orange-Nassau (1563-1588) married 1587 Willem Lodewijk of Nassau-Dietz (1560-1620), stadholder of
- Maurits (1564-1566)
- Maurits (1567-1625), Prince of Orange 1618,
Count of Nassau, stadholder of Holland and Zealand 1585, Guelders, Utrecht and
Overijssel 1590, Groningen and Drenthe 1620. He never married, but fathered several
bastards by Margaretha van Mechelen, Anna van de Kelder and others, including:
- Willem (~1601-1627) married 1627 Anna van der Noot (†1642),
lady of Hoogwoud. He had a bastard son by Barbara Cocx.
- Lodewijk (1602-1665), lord of Beverweerd, married 1630 Isabella of
Hornes (†1664). This line of Nassau-LaLecq became extinct in 1861.
- Emilia (1569-1629), to the right, married 1597 Emanuel
of Portugal (1568-1638), son of Antonio, bastard of Portugal.
- Louise Juliana
(1576-1644) married 1593 Frederick IV of The Palts (1574-1610)
- Elisabeth (1577-1642) married 1595 Henri de la Tour
(1555-1623), Duke of Bouillon, Prince of Sedan, widower of Charlotte of the Marck
(1574-1594), Duchess of Bouillon and Sedan. They had 2 sons and 6 daughters, including Marie
de La Tour (~1599-1665), who married in 1619 her cousin, Henri de La
- Catharina Belgica (1578-1648) married 1596 Filips
Lodewijk II of Hanau-Münzenberg (1576-1612), a great-grandson of Catharina's
grandmother, Juliana of Stolberg-Wenigerode. Children:
- Charlotte of Hanau-Münzenberg (1597-1649)
- Friedrich Ludwig of Hanau-Münzenberg (†1628)
- Amalie Elisabeth of Hanau-Münzenberg (1602-1651), Regent of
Hesse-Cassel 1637-1650, married 1619 Wilhelm V of Hesse-Cassel (1602-1637). They
had 14 children, but only 3 survived infancy:
- Amalie of Hesse (1626-1693) married 1648 Henri
Charles de La Trémoïlle (1620-1672)
- Charlotte (1627-1686)
- Wilhelm VI of Hesse-Cassel (1629-1663) married 1649 his 2nd
cousin Hedwig Sophia of Brandenburg (1623-1683), a granddaughter of Louise Juliana of
Orange-Nassau (1576-1644), see above. Children:
- Charlotte of Hesse (1650-1714) married 1667 Christian V of
Denmark (1646-1699). Their eldest son, Frederick IV of Denmark (1671-1730), married Louise
of Mecklenburg-Güstrow (1667-1721). Their eldest surviving son, Christian VI of Denmark
(1699-1746), married Sophie Magdalene of Brandenburg-Kulmbach (1700-1770). Their son,
Frederick V of Denmark (1723-1766), married as his 1st wife Louise of
Great-Britain (1724-1751), youngst daughter of King George II. They were the parents of
the mad Monarch Christian VII of Denmark (1749-1808).
- Wilhelm VII of Hesse-Cassel (1651-1670)
- Karl of Hesse-Cassel (1654-1730) married 1673 Marie Amalie of
Koerland (1653-1711). Children:
- Frederick I of Sweden (1676-1751), Duke of Hesse-Cassel 1670,
King of Sweden 1720, married 1st 1700 his cousin Luise
of Prussia (1680-1705), married 2nd 1715 Ulrika Eleonora of Sweden
(1688-1741), Queen of Sweden 1719-1720. She abdicated in favour of her husband.
- Sophie of Hesse (1678-1749) married 1704 Friedrich Wilhelm of
- Wilhelm VIII of Hesse-Cassel (1682-1760), regent of
Hesse-Cassel 1730, married 1717 Dorothea Wilhelmina of Saxe-Zeitz (1691-1743). They are
the ancestors of the current pretenders of the House of Hesse.
- Leopold of Hesse (1684-1704)
- Ludwig of Hesse (1686-1706)
- Maximilian of Hesse (1687-1753) married 1729 Friederike
Charlotte of Hesse-Darmstadt (1689-1777), 4 daughters.
- Marie Louise "Maaike
Meu" of Hesse-Cassel (1688-1765) married 1709 Johan Willem
Friso of Nassau-Dietz and Orange (1687-1711)
- Georg of Hesse (1691-1755)
- Wilhelmine Charlotte of Hesse (1695-1722)
- Philipp of Hesse-Philippsthal (1655-1721) married 1680
Catharina Amalia of Solms-Laubach (~1654-1736), a granddaughter of Catharina Juliana of
Hanau-Münzenberg, see below.
- Georg of Hesse (1658-1675)
- Elisabeth Henriëtte of Hesse (1661-1683) married in 1679 as
his 1st wife Frederick I of Prussia (1657-1713), 1st
King of Prussia 1701. She had one child, Luise (1680-1705), who married her cousin Frederick of Hesse-Cassel (1676-1751), who became King of Sweden after
- Catharina Juliana of Hanau-Münzenberg (1604-1668),
married 1st 1631 Albrecht Otto II of Solms-Laubach (1610-1639), 1 son, 1
daughter, married 2nd Moritz Christian of Wied-Runckel (1620-1653), 1
- Philipp Moritz of Hanau-Münzenberg (1605-1638) married 1627
Sibylle Christina of Anhalt-Dessau (1603-1686). Their 5 children died young.
- Wilhelm Reinhard of Hanau-Münzenberg (1607-1630)
- Heinrich Ludwig of Hanau-Münzenberg (1610-1631)
- Jacob Johann of Hanau-Münzenberg (1612-1636)
- Charlotte Flandrina (1579-1640), abbess of St. Croix
- Charlotte Brabantina (1580-1631) married March
11, 1598 Claude de La Trémoïlle (1566-1604), Duke of Thouars. His sister,
Charlotte de La Trémoïlle (1568-1629), married in 1586 Henri I of Bourbon-Condé
(1552-1588) and their daughter Eléonore of Bourbon-Condé (1587-1619) married
Charlotte Brabantina's half-brother, Filips Willem (1554-1618).
Charlotte Brabantina had 2 sons and 2 daughters, including Henri de La Trémoïlle (December
22, 1598-1674), who married in 1619 his cousin, Marie de La Tour
of Bouillon (~1599-1665). They had a son, Henri Charles de La Trémoïlle
(1620-1672), who married in 1648 his relative Amalie of Hesse-Kassel (1626-1693).
- Emilia Secunda Antwerpiana (1581-1657) married
1616 Frederik Casimir of The Palts-Zweibrücken-Landsberg (1585-1645)
- Frederick Henry of Orange-Nassau
(1584-1647), heir, see Next.
Frederick Henry of Orange-Nassau (1584-1647), Prince of Orange 1625,
Count of Nassau, stadholder of Holland, Zealand, Utrecht, Overijssel and Guelders
1625, Groningen and Drenthe 1640. Frederick Henry recognised one illegitimate child,
Frederik of Nassau-Zuylenstein (1623/4-1672), whose eldest son, Willem (1649-1708), became
Count of Rochford and viscount of Tunbridge. The last male descendant of the line
of Nassau-Zuylenstein died in 1990. In 1625 Prince Frederick Henry married Amalia of Solms-Braunfels (1602-1675). Children:
- William II of Orange-Nassau (1626-1650), Prince of
Orange 1647, Count of Nassau, married 1641 Mary Stuart (1631-1660) of
England, Scotland and Ireland, daughter of King Charles I of England, Scotland and
Ireland. One child was born 8 days after his father's death:
- William III of Great-Britain (1650-1702), Prince of
Orange 1650, King of England, Scotland and Ireland 1688 (Glorious Revolution), stadholder
of Holland, Zealand and Utrecht 1672, Guelders and Overijssel 1675 and Drenthe 1696. He
married in 1677 his cousin, Mary
II Stuart (1662-1694), Queen of England, Scotland and Ireland 1688, eldest
surviving daughter of King James II of England, Scotland and Ireland.
- Louise Henriette (1627-1667) married 1646 Frederick William
"the Great Elector" of Brandenburg (1620-1688). They had 3 sons, including:
- Frederick I of Prussia (1657-1713), 1st
King of Prussia 1701, married 1st 1679 Elisabeth Henriëtte of
Hesse-Cassel (1661-1683), 2nd 1684 Sophia Charlotte of Great-Britain and
Hannover (1668-1705) and 3rd 1708 Sophia Louise of Mecklenburg (1685-1735).
- Luise of Prussia (1680-1705) married 1700 Frederick I
of Hesse-Cassel (1676-1751), King of Sweden 1720
William I (1688-1740), to the right, King of Prussia 1713, married 1706 his
cousin, Sophia Dorothea of Great-Britain and Hannover (1687-1757). They had 14 children,
- Frederick II "The Great" (1712-1786), King
of Prussia 1740, married 1733 Elisabeth Christine of Brunswick-Wolffenbüttel (1715-1797)
- Charlotte Philippine of Prussia (1716-1801)
married 1733 Karl I of Brunswick-Wolffenbüttel (1713-1780). They had 7 sons and 6
- Karl II of Brunswick-Wolffenbüttel (1735-1806) married 1764
his 2nd cousin Augusta of Great-Brittain and Hannover (1737-1813).
- Auguste (1764-1788 under misterious circumstances) married
1780 Friedrich I of Württemberg (1754-1816)
- Karel Georg of Brunswick-Wolffenbüttel (1766-1806) married
1790 Frederica Louise of The Netherlands (1770-1819)
- Caroline (1768-1821) married 1795 her cousin George IV of
Great-Brittain and Hannover (1762-1830)
- Georg of Brunswick-Wolffenbüttel (1769-1811)
- August of Brunswick-Wolffenbüttel (1770-1820)
- Friedrich Wilhelm of Brunswick-Wolffenbüttel (1771-1815)
married 1802 Marie of Baden (1782-1808). They had two sons and a stillborn daughter. This
line became extinct in 1884.
- Amalie of Brunswick-Wolffenbüttel (1772-1773)
- Anna Amalia of Brunswick-Wolffenbüttel (1739-1807),
patroness of Goethe, married 1756 Ernst August II of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach
(1737-1758). Two children:
- Carl August of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach (1757-1828), married 1775
Luise of Hesse-Darmstadt (1757-1830). They had 7 children, including:
- Carl Friedrich of Saxe-Weimar (1783-1853) married 1804 Maria
Pawlowna of Russia (1786-1859). Children:
- Maria of Saxe-Weimar (1808-1877) married 1827 Karl of Prussia
- Augusta of Saxe-Weimar (1811-1890) married 1829 Emperor
Wilhelm I of Germany (1797-1888), see below.
- Carl Alexander of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach (1818-1901) married 1842 Sophie of The Netherlands (1824-1897).
- Bernhard Karl of Saxe-Weimar (1792-1862) married 1816 Ida of
Saxe-Meiningen (1794-1852). Their son Hermann (1825-1901) married in 1851 Auguste of
Württemberg (1826-1898) and their eldest daughter, Pauline of Saxe-Weimar (1852-1904)
married in 1873 her 2nd cousin, Karl August of
- Friedrich Ferdinand of Saxe-Weimar (1758-1793)
- Elisabeth Christina of Brunswick-Wolffenbüttel
(1746-1840) married 1765, divorced 1769 her cousin King Frederick William II of
Prussia (1744-1797), see below.
- Sophie of Prussia (1719-1765) married 1734 her 2nd
cousin Friedrich Wilhelm of Brandenburg-Schwedt (1700-1771), see below.
- August William of Prussia (1722-1758) married 1742
Luise of Brunswick-Wolffenbüttel (1722-1780). Children:
- Frederick William II (1744-1797), King of Prussia 1786,
married 1st 1765, divorced 1769 his cousin, Elisabeth of
Brunswick-Wolffenbüttel (1746-1840), see above, 2nd 1769 Friederike of
Hesse-Darmstadt (1751-1805). He contracted a 3rd bigamous and
morganatic marriage in 1787 to Julie von Voss (1766-1789) and a 4th in 1790
to Juliane von Dönhoff (1768-1834). In addition he recognized and ennobled the children
of his liaison with Wilhelmina Enke (1753-1820). He had 9 legitimate children by his first
2 marriages, including:
- Friederike of Prussia (1767-1820) married 1791 Frederick
August of Great-Britain and Hannover (1762-1827), second son of mad King George III
- Frederick William III (1770-1840), King of Prussia
1797, married 1st 1793 the famous Louise of Mecklenburg (1776-1810), 2nd
1824 Augusta von Harrach (1800-1873). He had 5 sons and 5 daughters by his first wife,
- Frederick William IV (1795-1861), King of Prussia
1840, married 1823 Elisabeth of Bavaria (1801-1873)
- Wilhelm I of Germany (1797-1888), King of Prussia 1861,
Emperor of Germany 1871, married 1829 Augusta of Saxe-Weimar (1811-1890), see above.
They are the ancestors of the pretender of Germany.
- Charlotte "Alexandra Feodorovna" (1798-1860) married
1817 Nicholas I of Russia (1796-1855)
- Karl of Prussia (1801-1883) married 1827 Marie of
Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach (1808-1877), two daughters and one son , Friedrich Karl (1828-1885), who
married Maria Anna of Anhalt (1837-1906) in 1854. The eldest of their 5 children, Marie of
Prussia (1855-1888), married in 1878 Hendrik of The Netherlands (1820-1879)
- Alexandrine of Prussia (1803-1892) married 1822 Paul
Friedrich of Mecklenburg-Schwerin (1800-1842). They had two daughters and two sons. The
eldest, Friedrich Franz II of Mecklenburg-Schwerin (1823-1883) married 3rdly 1868 Marie of
Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt (1850-1922). Their youngest son, Heinrich of Mecklenburg-Schwerin
(1876-1934) married in 1901 Queen Wilhelmina of The Netherlands
- Luise Augusta of Prussia (1808-1870) married
1825 Frederik of The Netherlands (1797-1881)
- Albrecht of Prussia (1809-1872) married 1st 1830,
divorced 1849 Marianne of The Netherlands (1810-1883). He contracted a 2nd,
morganatic, marriage in 1853 to Rosalie von Rach (1820-1879). Issue.
- Wilhelmina of Prussia (1774-1837) married 1791 her
cousin, King Willem I Frederik of The Netherlands (1772-1843)
- Heinrich of Prussia (1747-1767)
- Wilhelmina "Willemijntje" of Prussia (1751-1820)
married 1767 Willem V of Orange-Nassau (1748-1806)
- Henriette Amalia of Orange-Nassau (b†1628)
- Elisabeth of Orange-Nassau (b†1630)
- Isabella Charlotte of Orange-Nassau (1632-1642)
- Albertine Agnes of Orange-Nassau
(1634-1696), married 1652 Willem Frederik of Nassau-Dietz
(1613-1664), heirs. See below.
- Henriette Catharina (1637-1708) married 1659 Johann
George II of Anhalt-Dessau (1627-1693). Children:
- Elisabeth Albertine of Anhalt-Dessau (1665-1706) married 1686
Heinrich of Saxe-Weissenfels und Barby (1657-1728)
- Henriette Amalie of Anhalt-Dessau (1666-1726)
married 1683 her cousin Henry Casimir II of Nassau-Dietz (1657-1696).
- Louise Sophie of Anhalt-Dessau (1667-1678)
- Marie Eleonore of Anhalt-Dessau (1671-1756) married 1687 Jerzy
Józef Radziwill (†1689)
- Henriëtte Agnes of Anhalt-Dessau (1674-1729)
- Leopold I "the Old Dessauer" of Anhalt-Dessau
(1676-1747), to the right, married 1698 Anna Luise Föse (1677-1754)
- Johanna Charlotte of Anhalt-Dessau (1682-1750) married 1699
Philipp Wilhelm of Brandenburg-Schwedt (±1668-1711), 2 sons, 1 daughter, including:
- Friedrich Wilhelm of Brandenburg-Schwedt
(1700-1771) married 1734 his 2nd cousin Sophie of Prussia (1719-1765),
above, and had 3 daughters, including:
- Friederike Dorothea of Brandenburg-Schwedt
(1736-1798) married 1753 Friedrich II Eugen of Württemberg (1732-1797), 8 sons, 4
- Friedrich I of Württemberg (1754-1816), 1st
King of Württemberg, married 1st 1780 Augusta of Brunswick (1764-1788, under
misterious circumstances), married 2nd 1797 Charlotte of Great-Britain
and Hannover (1766-1828), 2 sons, 2 daughters of his 1st marriage,
- Wilhelm I of Württemberg (1781-1864), married 1st
1808, annulled 1814, Charlotte of Bavaria (1792-1873), married 2nd 1816
Catharina Pawlowna of Russia (1788-1819), married 3rd 1820 his niece
Pauline of Württemberg (1800-1873), 5 children, including:
- Sophie of Württemberg (1818-1877) married 1839 her 1st
cousin Willem III of The Netherlands (1817-1890). See below.
- Hendrik Lodewijk of Orange-Nassau (b†1639)
- Maria of Orange-Nassau (1642-1688) married 1666
Ludwig Heinrich of The Palts-Simmern (1640-1674). No issue.
Willem Frederik of Nassau-Dietz
(1613-1664), Prince of Nassau-Dietz, stadholder of Frisia 1640, Groningen and
Drenthe 1650, married 1652 Albertine Agnes of Orange-Nassau
(1634-1696), to the right, 5th daughter of Frederick Henry
of Orange-Nassau, stadholder of Holland, Zealand, Utrecht, Overijssel and Guelders.
- Amalia (1655-1695) married 1690 Johann Wilhelm of Saxony-Eisenach (1666-1729)
- Henry Casimir II of Nassau-Dietz (1657-1696), stadholder of Frisia and
Groningen 1664 and Drenthe 1674, married 1683 his cousin Henriette Amalie
of Anhalt-Dessau (1666-1726). Children:
- Willem George Friso (1685-1686)
- Henriette Albertine (1686-1754)
- Johan Willem Friso (1687-1711), Prince of Nassau-Dietz 1696 and Orange 1702, stadholder
of Frisia and Groningen 1696, drowned near Strijen, married 1709 Marie
Louise of Hesse-Cassel (1688-1765). Children:
- Anna Charlotte Amalie
(1710-1777), to the right, married 1727 Frederick of Baden-Durlach (1702-1732)
- Willem IV of Orange-Nassau (1711-1751), heir.
- Maria Amalia (1689-1771)
- Sophia Hedwig (1690-1734) married 1708, divorced 1710 Karl Leopold of
Mecklenburg-Schwerin (1678-1747). Only 5 days after he obtained a divorce, Karl Leopold
contracted a morganatic marriage and in 1711 he obtained his second divorce. In 1716 he
married 3rdly Catharine Ivanovna of Russia (1692-1733) and their daughter, Anna
Leopoldovna, gave birth to Tsar Ivan VI of Russia (1740-1764).
- Isabella Charlotte (1692-1757) married 1725 Christian of Nassau-Dillenburg (1688-1739)
- Johanna Agnes (1693-1765)
- Louisa Leopoldina (1695-1758)
- Henrietta Casimira (1696-1738)
Willem IV of Orange-Nassau (1711-1751), to the right, Prince of
Nassau-Dietz and Orange 1711, stadholder of Frisia 1711, Groningen 1718, Drenthe
and Guelders 1722, Zealand, Holland, Utrecht and Overijssel 1747, stadholder of The
Netherlands 1748, married 1734 Anna of Great-Britain and Hannover (1709-1759), the
Princess Royal. Two daughters were still-born. Other children:
- Carolina (1743-1787) married 1760 Karl Christian of Nassau-Weilburg
(1735-1788). A daughter was stillborn, a son died young. Other children:
- Georg Wilhelm Belgicus (1760-1762)
- Wilhelm Ludwig Flamand "the Colonel Lutz" (1761-1770)
- Marie of Nassau-Weilburg (1764-1802)
- Louise of Nassau-Weilburg (1765-1837) married 1786 Prince Heinrich XIII Reuß zu Greiz
- Friedrich Wilhelm (1768-1816), Prince of Nassau-Weilburg 1788, married 1788
Luise of Sayn-Hachenburg-Kirchberg (1772-1827). Children:
- Wilhelm (1792-1839), Duke of Nassau 1816, married 1st Luise of
Saxe-Hildburghausen (1794-1825), 2nd Pauline of Württemberg (1810-1856).
Three daughters died young. Other children:
- Therese (1815-1871) married 1837 Peter of Oldenburg (1812-1881)
- Adolphe (1817-1905), Duke of Nassau 1839-1866, Grand Duke of Luxembourg 1890-1905
after the death of King Willem III of The Netherlands, married 1st
Elisabeth Mikhailowna of Russia (1826-1845), 2nd Adelheid of Anhalt
(1833-1916). The present Grand Duke of Luxembourg descends from his 2nd
- Wilhelm (1819-1823)
- Moritz (1820-1850)
- Wilhelm (1823-1828)
- Marie of Nassau (1825-1902) married 1842 Hermann of Wied (1814-1864). Children:
- Elisabeth "Carmen Sylva" (1843-1916) married 1869 King Carol I of Rumania
- Wilhelm of Wied (1845-1907) married 1871 Marie of The Netherlands
- Otto of Wied (1850-1862)
- Helene (1831-1888) married 1853 George Victor of Waldeck-Pyrmont (1831-1893).
After her death he remarried in 1891 Luise of Holstein-Sonderburg (1858-1936) and had a
son Wolrad Friedrich (1892-1914). Children of his 1 marriage to Helene of Nassau:
- Sophie of Waldeck-Pyrmont (1854-1869)
- Pauline of Waldeck-Pyrmont (1855-1925) married 1881 Alexis von Bentheim und Steinfurt
- Marie of Waldeck-Pyrmont (1857-1882) married 1877 King Wilhelm II of Württemberg
(1848-1921). Their only daughter Pauline of Württemberg (1877-1965) married 1898
Friedrich of Wied (1872-1945).
- Adelheid Emma of Waldeck-Pyrmont (1858-1934), regent of The Netherlands
1890-1898, married 1879 King Willem III of The Netherlands (1817-1890).
- Helene of Waldeck-Pyrmont (1861-1922) married 1882 Leopold of Great-Britain (1853-1884),
a son of Queen Victoria.
- Friedrich (1865-1946), Prince of Waldeck-Pyrmont 1893-1918, married 1895 Bathildis of
Schaumburg-Lippe (1873-1962). They had 3 children.
- Elisabeth of Waldeck-Pyrmont (1873-1961) married 1900 Alexander of Erbach-Schönberg
- Nikolaus (1832-1905) contracted a morganatic marriage in 1868 to Natasja
Pushkin (1836-1913), formerly wife of Michael Leontievitch von Dubelt and daughter of
Alexander Sergeievitch Pushkin, the famous poet. They had two daughters and one son, the
Count of Merenberg.
- Sophie (1836-1913) married 1857 King Oscar II of Sweden and Norway (1829-1907). They are
the ancestors of the present King of Sweden.
- Auguste (1794-1796)
- Henriëtte (1797-1829) married 1815 Archduke Karl of Austria (1771-1847)
- Friedrich (1799-1845) contracted a morganatic marriage in 1840 to Anna Ritter
(1802-1864) and had one daughter.
- Caroline of Nassau-Weilburg (1770-1828) married 1787 Karl Ludwig of Wied-Runckel
- Karl of Nassau-Weilburg (1775-1807)
- Amalie of Nassau-Weilburg (1776-1841) married 1st 1793 Victor II of
Anhalt-Bernburg-Schaumburg (1767-1812), 2nd 1813 Friedrich von
Stein-Liebenstein zu Barchfeld (1777-1849)
- Henriette of Nassau-Weilburg (1780-1857) married 1797 Ludwig of Württemberg (1756-1817)
- Anna (b†1746)
- Willem V Batavus of Orange-Nassau (1748-1806), stadholder of The
Netherlands 1751-1795 (deposed), married 1767 Wilhelmina "Willemijntje" of
Prussia (1751-1820). One son died in infancy, another child was still-born. Other
- Frederica Louise Wilhelmina (1770-1819) married 1790 Karl George
August of Brunswick (1766-1806). No issue.
- Willem I Frederik of The Netherlands (1772-1843),
- Willem George Frederik (1774-1799)
Willem I Frederik of The Netherlands (1772-1843), Prince of the
Netherlands 1813, King of the Netherlands and Grand Duke of Luxembourg 1815-1840
(abdicated), Belgium became independent in 1830, married 1st 1791
his cousin, Frederika Louise Wilhelmina of Prussia (1774-1837), 2nd
1841 Henriette d'Oultremont (1792-1864), Countess of Nassau 1841, who had been lady in
waiting to his 1st wife. Children of his 1st marriage:
- Willem II of The Netherlands (1792-1849), heir.
- Willem Frederik Karel (1797-1881), a soldier, married 1825 his cousin, Louise Augusta of Prussia (1808-1870). One child was stillborn.
The others are:
- Louise (1828-1871) married 1850 Karl XV of Sweden and Norway (1826-1872). Children:
- Karl Oscar of Sweden (1852-1854)
- Louisa of Sweden (1851-1926) married 1869 Frederik VIII of Denmark (1843-1912).
- Christian X (1870-1947), King of Denmark, married 1888 Alexandrina of
Mecklenburg-Schwerin (1879-1952), ancestors of the present Queen of Denmark
- Haakon VII (1872-1957), King of Norway, married 1896 Maud of Great-Britain
(1869-1938). Only child:
- Olav V (1903-1991), King of Norway, married his cousin 1929 Martha of Sweden
(1901-1954), parents of the present King of Norway
- Louisa of Denmark (1875-1906) married 1896 Frederik van Schaumburg-Lippe (1868-1945)
- Harald of Denmark (1876-1949) married 1909 Helena of Holstein-Sonderburg-Glucksburg
(1888-1962), 2 sons, 3 daughters.
- Ingeborg of Denmark (1878-1958) married 1897 Karl of Sweden (1861-1951), 1 son, who
contracted morganatic marriages, and 3 daughters:
- Margareta of Sweden (1899-1977) married 1919 Axel of Denmark (1888-1964), 2 sons.
- Martha of Sweden (1901-1954) married 1929 Olav V of Norway (1903-1991), above.
- Astrid of Sweden (1905-1935) married 1926 Leopold III of Belgium (1901-1983). He
remarried 1941 Liliane Baels (b1916). Children of the 1st
- Josephine Charlotte (1927-2005) married 1953 Jean of Luxembourg (b1921),
parents of the present Grand Duke of Luxembourg.
- Boudewijn I (1930-1993), King of Belgium, married 1960 Fabiola de Mora y Aragon (b1928)
- Albert II (b6-6-1934), King of Belgium, married 1959 Paola de Ruffo di Calabria (b11-9-1937).
- Philipp (b15-4-1960), married 1999
Mathilde Marie Christine Ghislaine d'Udekem d'Acoz (b20-1-1973),
daughter of Patrick d'Udekem d'Acoz (1936-2008) and countess Anne Komorowski (b1947).
- Elisabeth (b25-10-2001).
- Gabriel Boudewijn Maria (b20-8-2003).
- Emmanuel Leopold Guillaume François Marie (b4-10-2005).
- Eléonore (b16-4-2008).
- Astrid (b1962), married 1984 Lorenz of Austria-Este (b1962), and has 5 children: Amedeo, Maria Laura, Joachim, Luisa Maria and Laetitia Maria.
- Laurent (b1963), married 2003 Claire Louise Coombs (b1974). Children:
- Louise (b2004).
- Nicolas (b2005), twin.
- Aymeric (b2005), twin.
- Thyra of Denmark (1880-1945)
- Dagmar of Denmark (1890-1961) married 1922 Jorgen Castenkiold (1893-1978)
- Willem Frederik (1833-1834)
- Willem Frederik (1836-1846)
- Marie (1841-1910) married 1871 Wilhelm of Wied (1845-1907).
- Wilhelm Friedrich (1872-1945), Prince of Wied 1907-1918, married 1898 Pauline of
Württemberg (1877-1965). They had two sons. The eldest married a countess of
Stolberg-Wenigerode and his eldest son married a Princess of Waldeck-Pyrmont.
- Hermann of Wied (1874-1877)
- Wilhelm I of Albania (1876-1945), sovereign of Albania in 1914, married 1906
Sophia of Schönburg-Waldenburg (1885-1936). They had a daughter and a son.
- Victor of Wied (1877-1946) married 1912 Gisela of Solms-Wildenfels (1891-1975). They had
- Luise of Wied (1880-1965)
- Elisabeth of Wied (1883-1938)
- Pauline (1800-1806)
- Marianne (1810-1883), to the right, married 1830, divorced 1849 her
cousin, Albert of Prussia (1809-1872). Marianne had a love affair with Johannes van Rossum
- Charlotte of Prussia (1831-1855) married 1850 Georg II of Saxe-Meiningen (1826-1914)
- Albrecht of Prussia (1837-1906) married 1873 Marie of Saxe-Altenburg (1854-1898). They
had 3 sons.
- Elisabeth of Prussia (b†1840)
- Alexandrine of Prussia (1842-1906) married 1865 Wilhelm of Mecklenburg-Schwerin
(1827-1879), a son of Paul Friedrich of Mecklenburg-Schwerin (1800-1892), see above.
- Johan Willem (1849-1861), illigitimate
Willem II of The Netherlands (1792-1849), King of The
Netherlands 1840, Grand Duke of Luxembourg 1840, married 1816 Anna Pawlowna of Russia
- Willem III of The Netherlands (1817-1890), heir.
- Willem Alexander Frederik (1818-1848)
- Willem Frederik Hendrik (1820-1879), stadholder of Luxembourg 1850,
married 1st 1853 Amalia of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach (1830-1872), married 2nd
1878 Maria of Prussia (1855-1888). Their age difference was 35
years. After his death she married Albert of Saxe-Altenburg (1843-1902) in 1885.
- Willem Alexander Frederik Ernst Casimir (b†1822)
- Wilhelmine Marie Sophie Louise (1824-1897) married 1842, her
cousin, Karl Alexander of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach (1818-1901), son
of Maria Pawlowna of Russia. Children:
- Karl August of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach (1844-1894) married 1873 his 2nd
cousin, Pauline of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach (1852-1904). Children:
- Wilhelm Ernst (1876-1923), grandduke of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach 1901-1918, married 1st
1903 Princess Caroline Reuß zu Greiz (1885-1905) married 2nd 1910 Feodora
of Saxe-Meiningen (1890-1972). Children:
- Sophia (1911-1988) married 1938 Friedrich Günther of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt (1901-1971)
- Karl August (b1912), pretender of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach 1923, married 1944
Elisabeth von Wangenheim (b1912) and had 1 son and 2 daughters
- Bernard Friedrich (b1917) married 1943, divorced 1956 Felicitas of
Salm-Horstmar (b1920) and had 1 son and 1 daughter
- Georg "Brena" (b1921), renounced his rights, married 1953
Gisela Janisch (b1930), 3 daughters
- Bernhard of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach (1878-1960)
- Marie of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach (1849-1922), married 1876 Prince Heinrich VII Reuß zu
- Elisabeth of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach (1854-1908), married 1886 Johann Albrecht of
Willem III of The Netherlands (19/2/1817 - 23/11/1890), King of The Netherlands 1849,
Grand Duke of Luxembourg 1849, married 1st his cousin,
Sofia Frederika Mathilde (Sophie) of Württemberg (17/6/1818 - 3/6/1877), a daughter of Catharina Pawlowna of
Russia, married 2nd 1879
Adelheid Emma of Waldeck-Pyrmont (2/8/1858 - 20/3/1934).
Their age difference was more than 41 years. Children:
- Willem Nicolaas Alexander Frederik Karel Hendrik (4/9/1840 - 11/6/1879), "Wiwill",
Crown Prince of The Netherlands 1849.
He asked for permission to marry the
Dutch Countess Anna Mathilda "Mattie" van Limburg Stirum
(24/7/1854 - 14/5/1932), but was not allowed to do so. After his death she married the Dutch Baron
William Charles Reginald van Tuyll van Serooskerken (25/9/1845 - 17/10/1903).
From 1867 onwards Willem lived in Paris.
- Willem Frederik Maurits Alexander Hendrik Karel (25/9/1843 - 4/6/1850)
- Willem Alexander
Karel Hendrik Frederik (25/8/1851 - 21/6/1884), to the right, Crown
Prince of The Netherlands 1879.
- Wilhelmina Helena Pauline Marie (31/8/1880 - 28/11/1962),
Queen of The Netherlands 1890-1948 (abdicated),
married 1901 Heinrich Wladimir Albrecht Ernst (Hendrik) of Mecklenburg-Schwerin (19/4/1876 - 3/7/1934). One daughter:
- Juliana Louise Emma Marie Wilhelmina (30/4/1909 - 20/3/2004)
Queen of The Netherlands 1948-1980 (abdicated),
Bernhard Leopold Frederik Everhard Julius Coert Karel Godfried Pieter von Lippe-Biesterfeld
(b 28(29)/6/1911 - 1/12/2004).
- Beatrix Wilhelmina Armgard ( b 31/1/1938), Queen of The
Claus George Willem Otto Frederik Geert von Amsberg (6/9/1926 - 6/10/2002), to the right,
son of Claus von Amsberg and Gosta von dem Bussche-Haddenhausen.
- Willem Alexander Claus George Ferdinand (b 27/4/1967),
King of The Netherlands 2013.
He married on 2/2/2002 Máxima Zorreguieta (b 17/5/1971),
daughter of Jorge Horacio Zorreguieta (b1928)
and Maria del Carmen Cerruti (b1944).
- Catharina-Amalia Beatrix Carmen Victoria (b 7/12/2003).
- Alexia Juliana Marcela Laurentien (b 26/6/2005).
- Ariane Wilhelmina Máxima Ines (b 10/4/2007).
- Johan Friso Bernhard Christiaan David (b 25/9/1968), Prince of Orange-Nassau, living in London.
He married on April 24, 2004 Mabel Wisse Smit (b 11/8/1968),
daughter of Hendrik (Henk) Cornelis Los (1944-1978)
and Florence (Flos) Malde Gijsberdina Kooman (b1944),
stepdaughter of Peter Wisse Wisse Smit (†2000).
- Emma Luana Ninette Sophie van Oranje-Nassau van Amsberg (b 26/03/2005)
- Joanna Zaria Nicoline Milou van Oranje-Nassau van Amsberg (b 18/06/2006)
- Constantijn Christof Frederik Aschwin (b 11/10/1969),
married 2001 Laurentien Brinkhorst (b 25/5/1966),
daughter of the politician Laurens-Jan Brinkhorst (b1937)
and Jantien Heringa (b1935).
- Eloise Sophie Beatrix Laurence (b 8/6/2002),
Countess of Orange-Nassau, Jonkvrouw van Amsberg.
- Claus-Casimir ("Clausimir") Bernhard Marius Max (b 21/3/2004),
Count of Orange-Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg.
- Leonora Marie Irene Enrica (b 3/6/2006),
Countess of Orange-Nassau, Jonkvrouw van Amsberg.
- Irene Emma Elisabeth (b 5/8/1939), renounced her rights,
married 1964, divorced 1981,
Carlos Hugo Xavier Marie Sixte Louis Robert Jean Georges Benôit Michel
of Bourbon-Parma (b 8/4/1930, d18/08/2010),
son of Xavier of Bourbon-Parma and Marie Madeleine de Bourbon-Busset.
- Carlos Javier Bernardo Sixta Maria of Bourbon-Parma (b 27/1/1970),
Hereditary Prince of Parma, Prince of Piacenza.
Carlos supposedly conceived an illegitimate son in a relation with Brigitte Klynstra
daughter of Sybren Bonno Klynstra and Ingrid Pieksma (b 30/12/1935),
who later married count Roderik van Rechteren Limpurg.
Carlos married 12/6/2010 (civ), 20/11/2010 (rel)
Annemarie Gualthérie van Weezel (b 18/12/1977),
daughter of politician Hans Gualthérie van Weezel and Gerarda Gezina Jolande (Ank) de Visser.
- Carlos Hugo Roderik Sybren Klynstra (b 10/1/1997)
- Luisa Irene Constance Anna Maria (b 9/5/2012)
- Jaime Bernardo of Bourbon-Parma (b 13/10/1972), twin, Conti di Bardi,
- Margarita Maria Beatriz of Bourbon-Parma (b 13/10/1972), twin,
Contessa di Colorno,
Margarita married in 2001 dr. Edwin Karel Willem de Roy van Zuydewijn (b 19/6/1966),
son of Leo de Roy van Zuydewijn and Wijnanda Eleonore van Gulden.
They had been separated for 2 years, before their final divorce on 8/11/2006.
According to the catholic church, however, they are still married.
Margarita married on 3/5/2008
Tjalling ten Cate (b 23/12/1965)
- Julia Carolina Catharina ten Cate (b 3/9/2008)
- Paola Cecila Laurentien (b 25/2/2011)
- Maria Carolina Cristina of Bourbon-Parma (b 23/6/1974), Marchessa di Sala.
Carolina married 21/4/2012 (civ), 16/6/2012 (rel) Albert Brenninkmeijer (b 16/5/1974).
Margriet Francisca (b 19/1/1943) married 1967
mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven (b 30/4/1939),
son of Pieter van Vollenhoven and Jacoba Gijsbertha de Lange.
- Maurits Willem Pieter Hendrik (b 17/4/1968),
married 1998 Marie-Helène Angela (Marilène) van den Broek (b 4/2/1970),
youngest daughter of the politician Hans van den Broek (b1936)
and José van Schendel (b1943).
- Anastasia Margriet Josephine (Anna) van Lippe-Biesterfeld van Vollenhoven (b 15/4/2001)
- Lucas Maurits Pieter Henri van Lippe-Biesterfeld van Vollenhoven (b 26/10/2002)
- Felicia Juliana Bénedicte Barbara van Lippe-Biesterfeld van Vollenhoven (b 31/05/2005)
- Bernhard Lucas Emmanuel, "Bernhard Jr.", (b 25/12/1969),
married 2000 Annette Sekrève (b 18/4/1972),
daughter of Ulrich Sekrève and Jolanda de Haan.
- Isabella Lily Juliana van Vollenhoven (b 14/5/2002)
- Samuel Bernard Louis van Vollenhoven (b 25/5/2004)
- Benjamin Pieter Floris van Vollenhoven (b 12/3/2008)
- Pieter-Christiaan Michiel (b 22/3/1972),
married 2005 Anita Theodora van Eijk (b 27/10/1969),
daughter of ir. L.A van Eijk and J.C.M. Steens.
- Emma Francisca Catharina van Vollenhoven (b 28/11/2006)
- Pieter Anton Maurits Erik van Vollenhoven (b 19/11/2008)
- Floris Frederik Martijn (b 10/4/1975),
married 20/10/2005 Aimée Leonie Allegonde Marie Söhngen (b 18/10/1977),
daughter of Hans Söhngen and Eleonoor Stammeijer.
- Magali Margriet Leonoor van Vollenhoven (b 9-10-2007)
- Elisane Sophie Carolina van Vollenhoven (b 5-7-2009)
- Willen Jan Johannes Pieter Floris van Vollenhoven (b 1-7-2013)
Maria Christina, "Marijke" until 1964, (b 18/2/1947),
renounced her rights, married 1975, divorced 1996, Jorge Guillermo,
"Jorge Pérez y Guillermo" until 1960, (b Havanna 1/8/1946),
son of Frederico Gilberto Pérez y Castillo and Edenia Guillermo y Marrero.
- Bernardo Federico Tomás Guillermo (b 17/6/1977)
- Nicolás Daniel Mauricio Guillermo (b 6/7/1979)
- Juliana Edenia Antonia Guillermo (b 8/10/1981)
Europäische Stammtafeln by the Prince zu Isenburg, Burke's
Royal Families of the World (Europe and Latin America),
Nassau en Oranje (in de Nederlandse geschiedenis) by dr. C.A. Tamse,
Genealogisches Handbuch des Adels (Fürstlicher Häuser),
Genealogie der in Europa Regierenden Fürstenhäuser by dr. Kamill von Behr,
Britain's Royal Families by A. Weir,
De Europese vorstenhuizen by Ch. Cannuyer,
Nassau & Oranje (600 Jaar geschiedenis) by W. Ruizendaal,
M. Contrads, P. Kooman & G. van de Nes,
Kings and Queens of Europe by D. Williamson, the
Almanach de Gotha,
Nederland's Adelsboek 1985, Nederland's Patriciaat,
The Descendants of Louis XIII by D. Willis,
Oranje-Nassau van A tot Z (Biografieën en stamboom van 1146 tot 2001),
Iconografie van het Geslacht van Limburg Stirum,
Vorsten Magazine, May 1998,
The website of the Dutch Royal House.
Bos. Design: Klaas Vermaas.